Friday, March 30, 2007

Ah, the morning ride

It's been a while since I was able to ride my motorcycle into work. Besides the nasty weather we had here mid-January through most of February, I also had tire problems. An air leak in an old, worn out tire, then I got the wrong size replacement tires (they fit the bike, but make it too tall for me). Yesterday I finally picked up my bike from the shop in rideable condition.

My drive into work normally takes about 20 minutes. I took a more leisurely route in, stretching it out to about 40 minutes. It was cold (of course I missed all the nice, warm days!), but I had a great big grin inside my helmet anyway. With gas prices once again on the rise, and the winter weather just about gone for good, I'll be taking the bike in to work much more often now. The one thing I need to be careful of though, is that my trips home tend to get longer and longer. I like to find different back roads and see where they head off to. But I have to remember the kids are back home, waiting for my return.

No comments: